Images from rosavelenosa@tumblr.
I know it's like some crazy long time since I blogged but lessons start tomorrow and I have so much to say about my post-exam week :)
I left the previous post about Math paper. It was alright (at least the questions I don't know, a lot of people have no idea how to do it either) and I'm getting it back tomorrow. Actually all the papers are alright after I took them, don't know why either. But yeah after the Bio paper which is on Friday, I enter super duper holiday mood which involves gaming on my laptop, going out with Sheryl (we had a fun day at Ikea and I had my raspberry cheesecake... it was nice!) and more slacking around at home. So I smoked through my Econs case study which is not very recommendable because I finished like right on the dot and my last essay was kind of abbreviated and messy.
But of course, after Econs it was true liberation so I didn't give it much thought. Went around the 3 malls with Jane to get Zoe's birthday present and also something for Denise who is flying off soon. Caught Transformers in 3D with dad and personally I liked it, though I wouldn't want to watch it again. And it's my first 3D experience so I would say it's kind of tiring for the eyes and the glasses are huge. So I'll probably stick to 2D next time round. We shared popcorn too... A mix of salty and sweet popcorn, which we happily finished.
Wednesday and Thursday were dedicated to Learning Festival and I must say it went beyond my expectations (because they weren't very high in the first place considering the title of the programmes). For Wednesday we had a talk by Ms Leah Aw (I still remember her as the pretty ACE teacher in Year 4) about how swiss rolls are better than pancakes. Not literally, because I like pancakes better, especially with the syrup! Then it was cyber-wellness which didn't go down very well with me because I feel that I've been drilled about safe usage of computers well enough, seeing how there are similar talks every year. But then we had a debate so at least I had to use some brain cells which made the programme a little better. After that we had house interaction which was basically slack time at the student lounge until we are officially released for lunch (I was as hungry as cookie monster by then). Following which was the interview skills workshop which I quite enjoyed. I was in the same cluster as Nic so we sat together! And when I got home I decided to get my draft resume done up (not that the talk was particularly inspiring, but because I feel that seeing how this is my second interview skills workshop in the past 1 to 2 years I better get something done).
*I can see that this is going to be such a long post.*
Thursday was about the same too. Went early for a briefing about the dialogue session (which I haven't done my research on), and had a relationship module after that. The speaker was good, quite humorous, but the lesson was a little slow. My favourite part of the programme was this drawing game. So it was like they had this image done up in PowerPoint and one person is supposed to describe while the other person draws (without looking at the screen). It's a rather complicated kind of picture, like many triangles and rectangles and circles and stickmen with hands pointing in certain directions. I paired up with Zoe and we had lots of fun :) I went off a little early for my mock interview because me and a few other people didn't get to do it on Wednesday due to time constraints and I was nervous like mad. So totally didn't prepare my answers, so I'll spend some time on it when I'm more free. After the relationship module was the dining etiquette lecture (I know right, how to lecture about how to eat, but somehow they managed it). They covered Malay, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Western dining, and since it was a bit like a rush job plus it was at the auditorium so I won't say I learnt much. Not entirely a lost cause though!
Friday was fun because we were all looking so forward to it, though it was kind of madness to wake up so early to catch the train. Spent the day on the beach with Karen and Zoe, mostly to watch our class play Frisbee (so proud of you all!) and to go down to the shoreline to play with fishes and water. Got my first taste of Cluedo (the card version) and I liked it! Daniel and Yihao even went all the way to 7-11 (I think it was really quite far, like must take bus and all that) with Mrs Lee to get drinks and food for us (thank you!). One thing I didn't quite like was lunch, surprisingly. So I didn't finish it :/ Plus it was kind of a hazard to be eating on the beach with all the sand around you. I went for dinner with Karen and Zoe at Vivo's food court. Shared fried prawn noodles and some fried food (I don't really know what it's called in English but it's this mix of prawn crackers, squid, sausages, fishballs and things like that). After dinner we went to shop at Daiso and obviously I bought the most things ._. Got a tray for my notebooks/worksheets/rough paper on my table, a pencil case with cute cat motifs, a corkboard, patterned paper, a frog shaped dustbin and a clothes hanger for mom. When I got home, my mom's guests were already there and I watched a little bit of TV with them before going unconscious for 10 hours. Happiness indeed.
Saturday was awesome! The guests went off for their daughter's graduation ceremony at NUS and she looked so cute in her graduation clothes ^^ Had the morning to myself and I went to use the computer and slacked around the house, read a book and so on. Decorated my corkboard too! Haven't got around hanging in up because I need to look for a hook and some string. Went out to meet Denise in the afternoon and I read a bit of Phantom of the Opera while waiting for her. It was good! We went to the National Museum of Singapore together since students go in for free anyway. Visited the History Gallery, some photography gallery and a watch-making gallery. I found a new museum buddy! We went to visit the Cathay after that and looked around some really nice shops selling pretty, artsy things. Then had Japanese food for dinner and I felt so guilty 'cause she won't let me pay. The food was so good that I couldn't force myself to finish it anymore (yeah, we ordered that much). Then I went with her to Carrefour to get some bread before she went off to meet her other friend. Reached home, showered and watch my Taiwanese show! Like what my mom said, in theory you will think that such shows are silly and lame but once you get down to watching it it can be quite funny and addictive. Totally what's happening to me now.
Today was a good day too. Mom and Dad went off with some other relatives to Malaysia for a one-day trip to visit some fruit plantation and to have a durian/seafood feast. Coming back soon I hope! So her friends sent us to church (thank goodness because the alternative was to wake up at a ghastly 6 to catch the bus because my sister needs to reach early since she's on duty). Sermon today was on married life so it's not really applicable and I was feeling sleepy. Because walking around and staying up to watch TV makes you so tired that 8 hours of sleep is not enough to cure it. I know 8 hours is like a luxury to most (and it is to me too) but I was doing a lot of physical work the past few days and I didn't have the most comfortable bed to sleep in so it wasn't enough. Took the bus back with Chen En after church home and me and my sister went to put everything back in place. It was hard work, but I felt so much better seeing everything back in place. Then I showered, ate some bread, read a book, and went to sleep! Okay, granted I woke up groggy but I'm still glad I slept because I was so brain dead. Packed my table (it's looking so much better now) and my bag! Using the one with the spoilt zip because my school bag's in the wash after being drowned in sand from Sports Carnival.
Then I realised I have math homework, which I am going to do after I shower like right now. It's been a long eventful week which I'm really thankful for. Thank you God, for looking after me and making sure I had fun. Thank you for giving me this positive mindset and that people around me were all happy too.
This is such a long post I still couldn't get round the fact that I was so naggy haha. If you manage to read all the way here you're good (Y).





No comments:
Post a Comment