Friday, December 9, 2011

tripping

Day 1 - the take off
Woke up at 5, rushed to the airport, got on the plane with the real cramped seat, enjoy the clouds view, touched down, meet aunt, went aunt's house, breakfast (bak kut teh), slacked around, set off to wholesale building in KL (Kenanga Wholesale City), SHOPPING.
My loots:
- 2 sleeveless cotton dresses, 1 light grey, 1 dark grey
- 1 pair of long pants
- 1 black chiffon dress
- 1 blue + black and white striped dress top (too short to be a real dress that's why)
- 1 black pair of shorts
- 1 brown pair of pants that reaches the knees (bermudas? but a skinny pair of bermudas)
- 4 different coloured dress of the same design (cause it's so much more a better deal)

Just some tips on shopping at wholesale places:
- most shops require you to buy a minimum number of pieces of the same design (some says 3 some says 6). usually if it's free sized, like dresses and all that, you have to buy all the colours. otherwise, it's all the sizes. if you choose not too, they will sell the clothes to you at retail prices which most of the time is double that of the wholesale price.
- don't ever go there on a sunday if you intend to buy a lot a lot of things, since half the shops in that complex is closed. also, the complex we visited is only the newly built building, and there are a lot more wholesale retailers in the form of shop houses around the area (by area i really meant the entireeeeeeee area, like the entire simei or bigger).
Went for dinner with my 3rd aunt's family. It's seafood and it's alright, but nothing special. As usual, I eat a lot whenever I'm there because the food is cheaper and so much better than what I eat in Singapore (food court, takeaways, yeah whatever).

Day 2 - more food
Woke up, went to eat bak kut teh (always so much nicer than those I find in SG, it's just different) and they served some kuey that tastes like chewy eggwhite? I think they call it egg kuey, I don't know. Then went to Jusco (a shopping mall that is like a bigger version of Isetan in Malaysia) and mom got her stuff, I got myself a suit and my sister got a few tees. Not sure what I need a suit for since I pretty much gave up on scholarship interviews on a whole (they only served to make me more confused about what I want to do in life, which goes to show I actually don't know what I want to study in uni since I'm so easily swayed) and I just hope they don't specify black suits in university if I ever need one because mine's grey...
Lunch/dinner was late and I had char kuayteow that's apparently famous in my grandma's hometown (and it was delicious, even though I sort of doubt the hygiene standard). Mom went out to buy some clothes (she's been nagging us rotten because we bought lots of clothes the previous day and she only got a knitted top and a pair of long pants). Visited the night market with my uncle and cousins and bought a black tube to go with all the low chested dresses. Ate fried chicken and squid and went to pizza hut to order 2 hawaiian pizzas with mushroom soups. I ATE 3 SLICES! *fattening* Then went back to aunt's house and sleep.

Day 3 - the transformation
Woke up bright and early and went for a facial (with its super awful painful blackhead removal thing). Then went to the salon to get a hair dye. (and by then it's already 6). Went to the newly developed area near my grandma's place (it's like marina bay sands) for another round of seafood dinner and visited the Lover's Bridge (which is so dark you can't see anything) to meet my aunt's friend. Walked around the Golden Coast area (resort + seafront pub). Went home, sleep.

Day 4 - A'FAMOUSA!
Travelled to A'Famousa and checked in our villa before visiting the water parks. Lotsa fun playing with the slides (though climbing the stairs barefooted without glasses is horrible). Went to the Cowboy Town for a 4D show (it's kinda exciting) and some other show that is similar to Chingay. There are fire breathers, lots of animals (elephants, horses, chickens, mice, camels and many many more) and fireworks!

Day 5 - animals
Went to the Safari (it's like a zoo) and watched the multi animal show (featuring otters that can do math problems, throw rubbish, and a chimpanzee, and cats! and dogs and a lot more) followed by the bird show (parrot drawings! parrot doing math! parrot playing basketball! and I only recognise the parrot, sadly). Sat on an elephant and visited the monkey island (fed the monkey some fresh leaves too) before going for another cowboy show (with gunshots and jumping off the building and explosions in the rain... exciting stuff). Went into Melecca for some Nyonya food before heading back home.

Day 6 - going home
Went for another round of bak kut teh (all the food) before rushing back to aunt's home to pack and go to the airport. And that concludes my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment