Saturday, March 27, 2010

even if you cannot hear my voice



Image from lightphotos.

Watching TV is educational. It's a very thinking thing to do, even if Korean dramas are seen as frivolous.
"Family has nothing to do with bloodties."
"Remember, you are someone that deserves respect."
2 very important things I learnt today.
And a quote from Tumblr.
I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? We need the books that affect us like a disaster, that grieve us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us.
- Franz Kafka
I feel motivated to read intellectually enhancing books now.
Like, all the books lying on my bookshelf.
And next a dedication to God, whom I received an email about.
Thank you for bringing us Immanuel, letting us know God is with us, and being a source of comfort. Having disasters in the world doesn't mean you're not here, but for us to build up our faith and hope in you as you bring us through it. Please help me to grow spiritually, and also guide me in life for the rest of the journey.
Day out with Irene was full of mugging aura.
I finished sampling tutorial, GT2 tutorial, biomolecules tutorial and all the GP homework.
She finished atomic structure tutorial, chemical equilibrium tutorial and a lot of econs stuff.
Currently left with PW, SS speech and econs part (a) essay questions.
Gonna do some revision tomorrow and look through all the university brochures.
And start on Freakonomics. Maybe I'll appreciate it better now that I'm studying econs.
No tv tomorrow night cause my show ended tonight. Don't like the new one haha. Or rather, I watched it before.

Just so you know, I really miss you. But I think this is still for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment