Since someone asked for a post on boring mugging, today would be a good example (I might have believe it's jinxed if not for the fact that Econs still manages to make me sleep every single time no matter where I am).
Went to the airport with Sheryl this morning (but there must be something wrong because I was wide awake and she was sleepy). Did my maths and some chem and attempted to read Econs which is a disaster because nothing went in (so I can pretty much confirm I'll be screwed on Tuesday because PC is like some sort of basis for the future topics and all that).
What you guys must know is this. Mugging, no matter how you package it, is still mugging. The fact that you are sitting in the airport probably make your mugging session 5% more interesting as compared to you staying at home because there's more things to look at in the surroundings. The fact that it's air-conditioned probably make it better by another 5% because it's so crazily humid these few days. But it still doesn't change the fact that you're studying. And studying, as any non-hardcore muggers will know, is really a pain. Especially if you're reading something for the first time and that something is tested in 2 days' time. The fact that it's all words and graphs? Spells b-o-r-i-n-g. So I may add a lot of details to a study date such as the nonsense we talked about and the silly things we noticed around but the thing is, when it comes to looking at that piece of paper, it is still BORING. It's just that on the whole, that day spent studying is comparably better than other days.
Not that studying outside guarantees better concentration and up levelling of mood. Depends on which side of the bed you woke up from and what you're wearing and what you're studying. It's okay if it's relatively easy-but-hard (like Maths) but not so okay if it's long and boring and hard (like Econs). It's okay if you need a pen to write answers but not so okay if you're only reading (and if you don't read you don't know how to answer questions). So yeah, I would say any kind of studying is boring.
There's one exception though. It's called fake studying. The kind you do when you're bored and it's a long holiday and you have nothing else to do. The kind you bring all your markers and coloured pens out for with stacks and stacks of white paper (or foolscap). The kind that makes you feel like you're studying in decadence. But obviously nothing much will go in (though sometimes you'll be surprised).
So what I'm saying is this. Description matters. It's possible to make something as boring as studying sound interesting, but the actual process of it bores me regardless of the add-ons I have.
There you go, just some insights about mugging.
Time to look at Econs before I fail that paper on Tuesday :/
No comments:
Post a Comment