I am very sorry to say that this post will be an extremely wordy one with no pictures (because I'm very lazy to take/upload that few photos I actually took). So here goes.
Day 01 - The Beginning of Mozzie Epicness
We set off pretty early, like about 9am and arrived at my aunt's house at about 2pm. Slacked around, fed my little cousin (who is extremely naughty, if I may add) and went shopping. Went to GM Klang which is this big one-storey thing (and apparently the largest wholesale retailer in KL) and got a dress! Went to Aeon, the large shopping mall next to it, and shopped around. The Padini Collection there is (Y) because they have a lot of stuff and it's relatively cheap too (cause of all the sales). Bought a pair of shoes at the Summit (which carries pretty cool stuff actually). Went back and had a mini birthday celebration and my cousins (5 of them) were fighting to put all the candles without the thing you stick at the bottom. Which obviously resulted in wax ON the cake but it's okay because skilful me, somehow managed to get the wax out haha. And I will not mention how the little kids were so excited that they actually put 19 candles on it and how my uncle got my name wrong AGAIN. But it's okay because it's actually pretty funny and all.
Day 02 - The Crazy Travel
Drove to Penang with the 2 annoying cousins aboard so I chose to slept my way through. Took about 5 hours inclusive of breaks and all that. Went on this ferry tour and saw many cool seasonal birds (obviously with binoculars). The tour guide was extremely nice too, and pointed out lots of cool stuff for us to see/do. The wind was awesome and all, and the price was reasonable too. Went for dinner at some fishy place (which is famous for its fried fish I think) and everything was fish. My aunts were discussing about how that place is like their old house (it's really kind of dark and run down if you're thinking we went to some high class place). Slept at some bungalow homestay there and shared a room with my sister and my cousin. I SLEPT ON THE FLOOR OKAY. The place was kind of clean so I'm okay with it. You should have seen some of the places we stayed at before, they had all sorts of creepy crawlies and you can see me glaring at them every so often.
Day 03 - The Bottomless Pits
Ate crazy much! Went for breakfast at a nearby coffeeshop by ourselves and then went for beef noodles nearby when my aunt and uncle came to meet us. Then we went to Penang Islad by ferry (meaning the cars go onto the ferry) but the waiting time was crazy. The wind and view made up for it though. Lunch was fried kwayteow which was apparently famous and closes at 3pm so we rushed there just in time. Had 1.5 plates (which is actually a lot :/). Headed over to some floral fair which I wasn't too interested in 'cause I was attacked by mosquitoes and all. Went to the Sun Yat Sen memorial hall which has really cool sculptures in it! Totally worth that RM5 LOL. Then we went to this aquarium, the fishes were boring but there were puppies and kittens and parrots and rabbits and all. AND EVEN SNAKES (yikes!). I think I love cats (even though they always give you that turned up nose and aloof attitude but oh well). Dinner was a random mix of sushi, satay and ice lemon tea! I think ice lemon tea is totally becoming my new favourite drink lol. Drove back and got stuck in a jam 'cause there was an accident on the highway between a big truck and a bus. Went back to the homestay to sleep (and I slept on the floor, again).
Day 04 - Visiting the 6-Years-Ago Memory
We last went Langkawi 6 years ago (and the photos we took were on display on my parents' bedstand, I looked hideous). Anyway, we woke up late and had breakfast and waited at my aunt's mother-in-law's house. Travelled to Kedah to take the ferry to Langkawi which was actually more waiting. Though I spent the waiting time trying to scold my cousins because they fight whenever they see each other (tough life much?). Went onto the ferry and got onto the upper deck to enjoy the sea breeze (I never did get bored of the sea view) despite the fact that it was 'for crew only'. Climbed onto this ladder to look further and it was even better! Got off like 2 hours later and waited more for my aunt and mom to rent the car and settle our lodging etc. Reached the hotel (some 2 star hotel next to a mall) and put our stuff there before going to dinner. Dinner was at a nearby coffeeshop which we ate while watching old HK dramas on the tv there. Showered and went to explore the shops in the shopping mall which were closing -.- Went to the night market and bought some accessories (happy happy lols).
Day 05 - Even More Waiting
Went to the Langkawi Cable Car and experienced racial discrimination -.- Because my cousins don't have the equivalent of our ezlink card along so they had to pay foreigner price (which is RM 20) while my aunts and uncles paid RM 15 (after RM 15 discount because they had their ICs). And apparently the counter staff gave the discount to some other Malay family without them having to take out their identification cards. So my uncles went to lodge a complaint and we waited like 1 hour plus for them. My grandma and my aunt's mother-in-law didn't quite get it so we were telling them how 5 kids x RM15 = RM75 which is a lot! Plus racial discrimination is like !@#$%^. But ya anyway we went in the end and had to climb down many many steps to reach this bridge in mid-air and climb back up which was crazy exercise. Had chicken rice for lunch and it was expensive like mad too (tourist place what to do -.-) and went to the Underwater World that has penguins, seals, jellyfishes, sea cucumbers etc. The penguins were really adorable but as I said, I wasn't too interested in fishes -.- Like what's so interesting about them they can't talk, they can only stare at you and they are not even furry. Shopped the duty free stores nearby and bought some chocolates. Went to the new hotel (3 star this time) and showered and shopped the duty free stores in town and bought MORE chocolates (so scary). My uncle bought lots of wine and alcohol stuff. Felt so good shopping without little kids haha. Though I do not enjoy sharing a bed with my sister -.-
Day 06 - Many Sea Breezes
Went to take a yatch out to sea and explored the Lake of the Pregnant Maiden (had to climb forever to reach the lake okay -.-). Fought the monkeys there and rented a solar boat that requires paddling with the feet for 30minutes. TOTALLY NOT FUN WITH ANNOYING COUSINS RAHHH. Climbing back up immediately just totally killed me (see, I do exercise a lot when I'm overseas). The yatch guy then brought us to some other beach with more monkeys (the monkeys are super violent, I kid you not). Went out to sea again to see eagles feeding. Reached land and went back to town for lunch (more shopping!). Took the ferry back to mainland and had dinner at Alor Star (which is this very very northern part of Malaysia) with my uncle's in-laws. Slept at my uncle's brother-in-law's house and they were super hospitable (that's what I like about Malaysians, really) because we wasted a lot of time waiting for the cousins so we changed our itinery.
Day 07 - BACK HOME
Went to Penang to get our clothes from my aunt's mother-in-law's house and had lunch with them at a restaurant nearby. Went to Bukit Merah (which was like a mini resort + theme park place) and went to the Orang Utan island! The baby orang utan is cute to the max! Then we went skycycling and I had to hand-cycled my mom around for 200m while she's screaming because we were in mid-air -.- Tired much! Then went on the chairlift and had an overview of the entire place which looks kind of fun! Drove back to grandma's house which was in the middle part of Malaysia so that was like 4 hours gone. Had dinner at one of the rest stops on the way back.
Day 08 - Shopping~
Went to the morning market to get breakfast and then my uncle brought us to the wholesale city @ KL (WHICH WAS CLOSED BECAUSE ITS A SUNDAY). Had lunch at this HK cafe underground and it was really satisfying! Shopped more at the malls there and it was crazy because there were so many people but the things there were crazy ex (like how can you throw $100 here and there for a few pieces of cloth?). It's like Malaysian version of Orchard Road lol. Went to Petaling Jaya which is another tourist trap so we didn't get anything. Rushed back to some boutique near my grandma's house and got 2 dresses! Had dinner nearby and slept.
Day 09 - Hi Singapore!
Had breakfast with my uncle and drove back home!! Changed the bedsheets, unpacked, showered and sat in front of the computer UNTIL NOW. Still checking Tumblr though :(
So that's about my holidays! And my mosquito casualty count went up to 30 I think (inclusive of old scars). Plus I gained 1kg in 9 days so I totally need to excerise~~
No comments:
Post a Comment