To be honest, MSO planning is a big fat drain of energy. All the time spent sitting in front of the computer on MSN (not to chat, surprisingly) having online meetings and editing attendance sheets and coming up with schedules for people to print is scary. It almost made me not want to see another word document ever again. The most scary thing is I actually had lots of time to look for people beforehand, but it's only at the last minute when people start pulling out and all that. If I were to help out in MSO again I would tell that next manpower i/c to find like 50 people at one go because the more the merrier.
But MSO really helps me know the whole Science Society better. At the very least I know their names and I have something to chat with them about now :D And I can't tell you how good the facilitators and station masters are despite all the crazy last minute emergencies. But somehow I turn into everybody's mother/sister/aunty/grandmother within that 3 days which makes me feel like I've aged.
And looking after kids are tiring. I have a newfound respect for mothers. But then again those kids probably don't behave like this at home. (Or at least I hope they don't.) It's really tiring to chase after them all the time and trying your best not to scold them when they are being naughty and irritating and mean and giving unconstructive comments. Then again some are really well-behaved which makes them so much more cuter in comparison to the rest haha. Oh yeah favouritism.
Now I can give my phone a big rest and close an eye until my phone bill comes.
And happy birthday cas!! I forgot about it yesterday so sorry :S :S See you soon love!
+

Anyway holidays suck. Gotta go to school at 2 again today for Science Research Workshop. Hate going to school in the afternoon because I can't get anything done in the morning. And probably reach home at 7 (just in time for TV) and then dinner and all that I'll probably end up with like 1.5 hours to do stuff before I go to sleep.
And I feel moodswings brewing. Must remain calm. Calm and peaceful.
By the way listen to this. It's really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment